Friday, November 30, 2012

The Tiny Grande Studio

Tomorrow starts December...so with only 25 shopping days left til Christmas, the Ski House of the Day is the Grande Studio, a small ski apartment in La Grande Terche/St-Jean d'Aulps.  As with Christmas presents, good things come in small packages.  It's a tiny and compact space and almost as basic as it gets...but it packs a punch because the skiing is at the spectacular Portes du Soleil, and the gondola is just a short 100 meter walk away!

The apartment starts with a living area that has a pull-out double bed:

...the kitchenette is tiny, but looks pretty complete:

...and the basic bunk-room can sleep three:

But here's the real reason I picked this house today...take a look at the incredibly cute Christmas Market right at the base of the slopes:

Pick up all my Christmas gifts while waiting in the lift-line...that's my idea of Christmas shopping!  (I think I just might need that third bunk to stow all my shopping bags of gifts though).

It's a tiny, basic ski house, but with skiing in the French alps, and a Christmas shopping experience like this, I think it's pretty grande indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment